Fix Wi-Fi problems
Step 1: Check that Wi-Fi is turned on and you are connected.
- Go to Settings Wireless and Networks or Connections Wi-Fi.
- Turn Wi-Fi on.
- Find the Wi-Fi connection indicator at the top of your screen .
- If this is not displayed, or none of the bars are filled in, you may be out of range of a Wi-Fi network.
- Move closer to the router, check to see if you have a stronger Wi-Fi connection, and try again.
Step 2: Restart your wireless router.
If you are connecting to Wi-Fi at home, check your router's manual for instructions on how to reset it. Often you can:
- Unplug the router from the electrical outlet and make sure the lights on the router go out.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the router back in and wait 30 seconds for all the lights to come back on.
Advanced tip: Check to see if firewalls are blocking access to ports required by Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228).
If you still have connectivity issues after you complete these steps, contact your internet service provider or the host of the Wi-Fi network.