Fix mobile data problems
Step 1: Check that mobile data is turned on and you have a data connection.
- Go to Settings Wireless and Networks or Connections Mobile data or Cellular data. On some devices, you may need to select "Data usage" before you see this.
- Turn mobile data on. If it's already on, turn it off and on again.
- Check that there is a data indicator (for example, 2G, 3G, 4G, H) next to the signal strength bars at the top of the screen .
- Note that sometimes this will not display if you have an active Wi-Fi connection. If this is the case, turn Wi-Fi off and check back.
If you don't see a signal data indicator, you may be in an area without coverage. If you can, move to a different area (for example, go outside) and check your signal again.
Note: If this happens a lot, contact your mobile service provider.
Step 2: Turn airplane mode on and off.
- Go to Settings Wireless and Networks or Connections Airplane Mode.
- Turn airplane mode on.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn airplane mode off.
- Check to see if the connection problems have been solved.
If you still have problems after you complete these steps, contact your mobile service provider.